Performs two-dimensional ultrasonic recordings of internal organs for the diagnosis of disease and study of the malfunction of organs. (X-ray Technologist general responsibilities can apply) To perform various technical and mechanical activities under the policies and procedures of the Radiology Dept. and to provide Radiological Care to patients for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders. Must be able to maintain proficiencies in local, state and federal certifications and guidelines.
1.Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of Mission Regional Medical Center
2.Is knowledgeable of patient rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all patients in a safe, secure environment.
3. Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
a) Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/ or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
b) Maintains the confidentiality of all data, including patients, employee and operations data in the hospital and outside of the hospital.
c) Ensures Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
d) Ensures compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from any type of harassment and illegal and discriminatory behavior.
4. Performs radiological procedures in a timely and proficient manner.
5. Have great communication skills with physician, hospital staff, and patients.
6.Correlates proper patient forms, requisitions, previous films, and reports for Radiologist interpretation.
7. Demonstrates anatomical and physiological studies through proper patient positioning, technique selection, administration of contrast media, application of immobilization and radiation protection devices according to department policies and procedures.
8. Enters charges accurately and closes exams into the computer after completed procedure.
9. Maintains all mandatory in-services.
10. Will be responsible for taking rotational call.
Effective July 1, 2017 ARDMS certification in at least one body or region by ARDMS is required.