I. General Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of imaging procedures, including MRI procedures, and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the fIrst line interface with patient in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. (X-ray Technologist general responsibilities apply) To perform various technical and mechanical activities under the policies and procedures of the Radiology Dept. and to provide Radiological Care to patients for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomi~ and physiologic disorders. Must be able to maintain profIciencies in local, state and federal certifIcations and guidelines.
II. Reports To:
Supervisor, Imaging Services
III. Supervisory Responsibilities: None
IV. Standard Requirements
10. Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of Mission Hospital
11. Should be knowledgeable of patient rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well being of all patients in a safe, secure environment.
12. Supports, cooperates with, and implements specifIc procedures and programs for:
13. Performs procedures in a timely, proficient manner.
14. Have great communication skills with physician, hospital staff and patients.
15. Correlates proper patient forms, requisitions, previous films and reports for Radiologist Interpretation.
16. Demonstrates anatomical and physiological studies through proper patient positioning, technique selection, administration of contrast media, application of immobilization devices according to department policies and procedure.
17. Enters charges accurately and closes exams into the computer after completed procedure.
18. Maintains all mandatory in-services.
19. Performs additional duties as required.
A. Education/ Training:
Must have at least 140 hours of training in MR. Graduate of AMA approved program, ARRT or Registry eligible/Must pass ARRT within 3 consecutive registries given Texas certification or eligible and current CPR.
Minimum of two years in General Radiographic procedures.